Saturday, December 8, 2007

200 of the little suckers..

Have you ever been asked to do something, and you agree.. then when it comes time you wonder, "Why in the world did I say yes to that?!" I asked myself that same question last weekend. The Art Society in my area was holding their annual "Trees of Christmas" celebration kick-off reception. A lady I know (who just happened to know that I bake) asked if I would mind doing a dessert for the party. I said, "Sure!" thinking I could get away with maybe making a cheesecake... at least that's what I thought until she told me that they invited 600 people!!! *gasp*

After much idea-tossing and recipe flipping, I decided to do 200 sample-sized portions of my Butter Cake with White Chocolate Ganache. They turned out to be a hit, and I got a lot of compliments... but I would be lying if I said I wasn't working right down until the very last minute I had. I was so busy, I only had time to snap a 'BEFORE' picture of the cake squares before they even got assembled or iced. So here is a quick pic of my little cakes patiently waiting to be finished.


On the up side, we did have the biggest turn out ever, and I was the only one who made enough cake to last longer than an hour :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment