Wednesday, March 16, 2011

..since we'll be here awhile..

So, J and I hope to one day build a house. But that's probably going to be a few years down the road. Until then, we're in our current house (the only one that we've ever owned) and it's starting to feel a little blah. When we moved in, we repainted the living room, bedrooms, bathrooms, and kitchen, and even repainted cabinets and put in wainscoting in the kitchen as well. But that was almost 5 years ago. Now I'm feeling like I need to do some more updating.

I don't want to do any more painting, mainly because I hate it.. but also because I really like the colors we have. So I'm trying to figure out what else we can do that won't cost an arm and a leg.  Recessed lighting? New throw pillows on the couch? Hang a few new pictures up?

I'm all open for suggestions. How have you revamped your house in the past, without shelling out mondo bucks?

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Switch pictures or wall arrangements from one room to the other. Change around lampshades. That is some things I thought of.
    take care
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that that rearranging the furniture seems to make the biggest difference. Something about the new spatial dimensions and orientations tricks your brain into thinking that everything is different!

    ReplyDelete