Thursday, June 12, 2008

..yum yum..

Well I promise I'm working on scrappy stuff, lol. And we've been trying to decide on a stain for our new entertainment center. Plus with company for a couple of days and some other random stuff that needed to get done around here, scrapping hasn't had much of a place the last few days. But I am working on stuff, its just that nothing is finished yet :)

Anyway, I wanted to share a recipe that I tried out the other day. It's from my newest Cooking Light magazine and it is YUM! I got some fresh blueberries from the market and was going to make a pie, but then I saw this recipe for Blueberry Bread Pudding and I couldn't resist. It came out sooooo good :)

Blueberry Bread Pudding
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. butter
2 tbs light-colored corn syrup
Cooking Spray
2 c. blueberries
1 (16 oz) loaf Italian bread
1 1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. salt
5 large eggs

*Combine the first 3 ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; cook for 2 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Pour sugar mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with blueberries.

*Remove crust from bread. Cut bread into 1" thick slices. Arrange bread slices on top of blueberries.

*Combine milk, vanilla, salt and eggs in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk until frothy. Pour milk mixture over bread. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

*Uncover pan; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.

*Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until browned.

At this point the recipe says to place a large dish over the baking pan and invert the bread pudding onto the dish. I just left mine in the glass baking pan and serve out of it. I sprinkle mine with powdered sugar. If you try it, let me know what you think!

0 comments:

Post a Comment