Tuesday, March 20, 2012

..happy spring!..



LOVE this time of year! The weather has been great, even a little unseasonable warm (it has hit 81 degrees several times in the last couple of weeks). My first little tulip bloomed, and it was so pretty to see.

Onto to something that needs just a LITTLE bit of attention... I turned the big 3-0. I was really dreading it before it happened. I didn't think I was going to be ok with it, but now that it has come and gone, I really am good with it. There are some changes I want to make, and some I'm in the process of making (goodbye baby weight) and so I'm really looking forward to this year.

Another big change that has happened recently involves the hubs. He got a new job.. or should I say a new career. I never in my life thought I would see the day when he didn't fly for a living, but it's here. He decided to leave the airlines. Unfortunately flying for the airlines isn't nearly what it used to be. The pay and the benefits have gotten to be, well honestly, a little pathetic. Airlines have gotten to where they are trying to find any way possible to take from their pilots instead of giving. In the last year he has had one pay cut and another larger one was looming. He has been trying for the last 2 years to get on at TVA and luckily he was accepted into their latest class. This is going to help us out so much, both in a monetary sense and also just as being a family. Instead of being gone for days at a time he will be home every single day. We're very excited! :) It will also mean that I can scale back my time at the bakery too. I love my shop, but even on an easy week I am there at least 50 hours a week. On a tough week it is upwards of 60 hours. I am seriously considering having the shop open only on Thursdays and Fridays. I know that will upset some of my customers, and I may even lose some, but my family comes first. I get to spend very little time with my girls, and I can't stand that. I also miss my blog and my crafting time. My sewing machine has just about forgotten my name, lol. Although I did get to spend some time yesterday making the girls a bandanna dress each.

So I hope you all are having a beautiful Spring day so far. And here's to new and exciting changes.

Peace, love and koala fuzz y'all!


post signature

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the nice pictures. You have done a great work. Every homeowner can benefit from property management services.

    ReplyDelete