Monday, May 4, 2009

..today was the last one..

Today was the last day I subbed full-time for the Theater teacher at our local high school. She has been on maternity leave for the last 7 weeks and I taught her classes for her. I have to say, I was sad today. Every student told me they would miss me, and almost all of them hugged me goodbye. Even the tough basketball players that you would think are too "cool" to even hug their moms. Some of the kids I got attached to are Seniors, so I likely won't be seeing them again after today. Maybe though. They still have two weeks left in school, and I'm sure there will be some other teachers needing a sub before then. So I can always sneak back to the Theater classroom :)

I have to say though, even though I'm sad, I'm also very glad. It has been very difficult to be creative since I started.. just because I have to get up so early, usually stay late after school, and get home in time to fix dinner, do dishes and laundry, shower and get back in bed. So I am happy to know that I will get some more ME time :) And that starts tomorrow. J has some training in Memphis for the next two days and I'm going with him. While he's in training, I get to shop, shop, shop!! :) So now hopefully I will be back to my regular crafty, blogging self. I sure hope so, because I've missed it :)

And just because it's hard to leave a post without some sort of visual stimulation, I give you another LOLcat..

funny pictures of cats with captions
see more Lolcats and funny pictures

Peace, love and koala fuzz y'all!

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Aw... I'm a social worker by trade, so I know how hard it is to leave kids!! You must be an awesome teacher for them to get over their tough-ness and give you a cuddle :-)

    I can't believe you have to work and then go home and do that many chores!! I hope that man of yours chips in fair 'n' square. :-)

    How ridiculously CUTE is that Lolcat?? I want to squash it!!

    P.S. Welcome back! I'd missed hearing from you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are one amazing teacher...lets hope they need you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great timing that you get to go with your husband as soon as you're done teaching! I love shopping in Memphis...have fun! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yayyyyy- I miss your creative self too *winks* but I know you love doing sub work. Welcome back! Have fun shopping... wish we could go together *winks*
    Can't wait to see what you make!!
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a job well done! That's so sweet that the students will miss you, but it's great to know you'll have some "me" time soon. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete