Saturday, August 1, 2009

..hot august day..

Welcome to another month.. they go by faster and faster it seems. Quickie post for today, I have lots of indoor and outdoor work to get done. I managed to finish my block for Bumble Bean's Pixiedust Gather Project. I didn't want to get too crazy since I had a limited amount of fabric. I decided to make a block that I knew I could do, so there would be no ripping or re-cutting involved :)

Sorry for the bad quality of the pic.. hubby has the good camera with him in Wisconsin.

I have 6 weeks left until I leave on my Anniversary cruise with the hubbo. And I got on the scale yesterday and all I could do was laugh to keep from freaking out over the number it spit out. So I made a decision. Starting today, for the next 6 weeks... no bread. I mean that. Bread and I have a love affair, but it really hates my belly and my rear. So none, starting today. I think I can do it. I'm motivated see, because I have this cruise coming up. So it starts today... good thing I finished that entire bag of breadsticks last night, huh? :)

post signature

5 comments:

  1. Happy August to you!
    The quilt block is lovely!
    And good luck avoiding bread. (I've tried it many times with no success. I guess I love it too much!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors in your quilt block! I LOVE bread too.....my favorite it homemade tortillas with REAL butter! MMMMM
    I too have been watching it!
    You can do it Harley!!!!
    Miss ya...Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your block looks lovely ! Good luck going bread free and enjoy your cruise .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous colors and love the pattern! You bet I"m saving my swapping quota for your swap! I wouldn't miss out on yours! Woohoo!!! When you gonna post it- *nudge nudge*
    ~A~

    ReplyDelete